With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, one-third of the world’s population is on some form of lockdown.
Families all over the world are having to make the best of these strange and difficult times. We’re all finding creative things to do together at home, video-conferencing loved ones, and doing a pretty good amount of Netflixing, I’m sure.
For our family, one challenge we faced was having to cancel plans for two upcoming trips. One was a family/business trip, and the other was a long-anticipated babymoon.
(A single tear just fell as I typed that. Wait I’m pregnant… yep, here come some more.) 😭
We’re looking ahead to at least another month of shelter-in-place orders due to COVID-19, and we know we have a propensity towards getting cabin fever! So, we’ve rounded up our 10 most creative ways to travel the world and feed your family’s wanderlust without leaving your house.
10 Creative Ways to Travel the World With Your Kids (When You Can’t Leave Your House)
- Eat Your Way Around the World
- Team Up and Do a Country Landmark Lego Challenge
- Collect Passport Stamps For Every Country You “Visit”
- Soar Through the Great Indoors with a Paper Airplane Launcher
- Dance Your Way Around the World
- Learn About Your Favorite Animals in a Cozy Safari Tent (a.k.a. Blanket Fort)
- Take a Masking Tape Road Trip
- Discover the 7 Wonders of the World with Google Earth
- Learn a Song in Another Language
- Explore the Great Indoors on a Photo Scavenger Hunt